This is why we exist.We are here to serve our communities. We want a safe, healthy and prosperous community for our children and ourselves. We’d like to see our local businesses grow and prosper. Shop, invest, and volunteer locally. Bank Local, Shop Local. We do.
We love to give back to our community and here are just a few ways we do so, annually.
- We participate in the "Reach Out For Warmth" program of MN and annually donate monies to help those in need - especially during the cold, winter months.
- Our International Falls & Thief River Falls locations each sponsor a local food drive during March to help raise money and collect food to feed those in need and support their local food shelves.
- Every August, Border State Bank collects school supplies for the schools and children within each community during Operation: School Supplies. Over $3000 in school supplies is donated each year!
- Our Greenbush site serves Meals On Wheels one day each week to area citizens within Greenbush.
- We sponsor the Drug Abuse Resistance Education (D.A.R.E) program in many of our local schools.
- We are huge supporters of Relay For Life and many of our sites have a team. Our Roseau County Team, "Lucky Border Stars" annually raises over $10,000 for Relay For Life.
- Our Roseau site annually organizes the Stomp Out Cancer 5k Walk/Run at the Roseau City Park. In 2014, we raised just shy of $6000; all donated to Relay For Life.
- Our Thief River Falls location has monthly luncheons and tree walk fund raising every Holiday Season. These proceeds raised go to the Hospice of the Red River Valley in their local community. This year alone, $4,000.00 was raised!
- Our banks are members of each local Chamber of Commerce, supporting the local community.
- Each of our banks honors area graduates by awarding Scholarships annually to graduating seniors. Over $7500 in scholarships are given each year!
- If there's a parade, you'll usually spot us! Each year, our bank designs one float that is used across all of our seven bank communities. We love to throw out freebies!
- Customer Appreciation is one of our favorite times of the year and typically is held in mid-Summer or early Fall. Thanking our communities and customers is important. One thing is for certain, you won't leave hungry OR empty handed. Don't miss them!
- Each December, each of our banks hold a Holiday Open House where we invite the area customers and community to stop in, devour Holiday refreshments and enjoy the season.