Our Remarkable Story
Our Bank Mission
To Our Customers...who are our most valuable asset.
We will provide the highest quality of service and benefits designed around your needs and wants. We will do this through our highly skilled and motivated employees.
To Our Employees...
We will provide a superior, team-based work environment and will be a responsible employer dedicated to your well-being.
To Our Communities...
We will be responsible civic citizens and business leaders and will do all we can to support the best interests of the communities in which we live and work.
Our longevity and success as a business is measured by how well we help our communities succeed. Our focus has and always will be our customers. We are here to serve our customers, to help our local businesses grow, and watch our communities prosper. We want a safe, healthy and happy community for our children and ourselves.
We love to give back to our community and here are just a few ways we do so, annually.
- We participate in the "Reach Out For Warmth" program of MN and annually donate monies to help those in need - especially during the cold, winter months.
- Our International Falls & Thief River Falls locations each sponsor a local food drive during March to help raise money and collect food to feed those in need and support their local food shelves.
- Every August, Border State Bank collects school supplies for the schools and children within each community during Operation: School Supplies. Over $3000 in school supplies is donated each year!
- Our Greenbush site serves Meals On Wheels one day each week to area citizens within Greenbush.
- We sponsor the Drug Abuse Resistance Education (D.A.R.E) program in many of our local schools.
- We are huge supporters of Relay For Life and many of our sites have a team. Our Roseau County Team, "Lucky Border Stars" annually raises over $10,000 for Relay For Life.
- Our Roseau site annually organizes the Stomp Out Cancer 5k Walk/Run at the Roseau City Park. In 2014, we raised just shy of $6000; all donated to Relay For Life.
- Our Thief River Falls location has monthly luncheons and tree walk fund raising every Holiday Season. These proceeds raised go to the Hospice of the Red River Valley in their local community. This year alone, $4,000.00 was raised!
- Our banks are members of each local Chamber of Commerce, supporting the local community.
- Each of our banks honors area graduates by awarding Scholarships annually to graduating seniors. Over $7500 in scholarships are given each year!
- If there's a parade, you'll usually spot us! Each year, our bank designs one float that is used across all of our seven bank communities. We love to throw out freebies!
- Customer Appreciation is one of our favorite times of the year and typically is held in mid-Summer or early Fall. Thanking our communities and customers is important. One thing is for certain, you won't leave hungry OR empty handed. Don't miss them!
- Each December, each of our banks hold a Holiday Open House where we invite the area customers and community to stop in, devour Holiday refreshments and enjoy the season.